Opposition Based Clinic Outline
“Bridging the gap between Range & Reality”
BASICS will be providing a 4 hour Opposition Based clinic utilizing the UTM system. Aside from our various live fire classes offered, members & guests can now expand their training portfolio.
Time to put your skills up against a live opponent. This class is a Force on Force clinic that will test your ability to employ a firearm in defensive situations. More important than the exercises themselves, will be the after action briefs. Shooter students will be held accountable for shot placement and will need to articulate the “why” in every decision. The main catalyst to Force on Force training is the “Pain Penalty” which gives you immediate feedback and creates a different kind of stress inoculation. This is NOT a class on “How to be a Tuffy Gunfighter 101”.
REMINDER: This class is run from a conceal carry posture ONLY ! Wear clothing appropriate for the training.
Some of the topic covered are:
– Authorized Use of Deadly Force
– Covert vs. Conceal carry
– Increased Muzzle Discipline
– Assessing your Environment
– Proper Target Acquisition & Discrimination
– Accountability of shot placement
– Avoid or Engage : Why get into the fight you could have avoided?
Provided to Shooter Students:
– Personal Protective Gear: Mask, Gloves, Neck Covering
– UTM converted firearms, UTM Ammo & Magazines
– Holster: You will have a pick of either Inside or Outside the waistband.
Students should bring the following:
– Hat w/Brim or skull cap ( worn with mask during Force on Force exercises )
– Minimum 2 layers of long sleeves / pants w/belt loops & belt / Closed toe shoes
– Comfortable clothing for indoor range environment.
– Snacks & Water
– Note taking material
Course and Enrollment Information
- Must be a U.S Citizen to attend this course.
- Cost is $120 which includes range fee.
- Limited to 5 students per class
Registration/Enrollment will be handled by Sean Mariucci of DWS LLC. Contact with any questions – concerns – comments Sean@dwsllc.consulting