- This event has passed.
Women’s Handgun 1 Refresher 6:30-9:30 pm
6:30 pm - 9:30 pm
This class is for women only who have either taken Women’s Handgun 1 or meet the prerequisites below. It is designed to review shooting fundamentals and safe gun handling skills. It is also a “tune-up” for those who are interested in taking Women’s Handgun 2. Additional time will be spent on shooting accuracy, maximizing range time practice, and using dry fire practice to keep up your shooting skills when you can’t get to the range.
This class is held when the range is closed to the public to provide a comfortable learning environment. Class size is a MINIMUM of 4 and a MAXIMUM of 8. Pre-registration and a $25.00 is required to hold a spot in the class. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to register and deposit. The deposit is refundable if 72 hours notice is given by email to basics.training20@gmail or the class minimum is not met. No shows will not be refunded as the closed range fee must be paid.
Prerequisites: A working knowledge of shooting fundamentals.
Review of fundamentals:
- Proper grip
- How to use your sights
- Proper trigger press
- Keeping your muzzle pointed in a safe direction (muzzle management)
- Proper loading and unloading procedures
- Shooting accurately
- How to make sure your gun is clear and safe
- Shooting accuracy at varying distances.
- Shooting at more than one target.
- Shooting exercises to maximize your range time practice.
- Understanding how dry fire practice at home will help you keep up your shooting skills.
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol (no micro pistols or revolvers) (Pistols and magazines are available for use.)
- Minimum 2 magazines
- Loading devices if needed
- Suitable footwear (no open toed shoes) and clothing – no low-cut tops
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses and hearing protection (Eye and hearing protection are available for no charge.)
- Ammunition: Is not included /You will need an estimated 100 rounds (Ammunition is available for purchase for 9mm, .380 and .22)
Questions? Email email@example.com