This class is full
Women Only Handgun 2
This is the second clinic in the Women’s Handgun Series. It will build upon skills learned in Handgun 1 or an equivalent introductory course taking the shooter to the next skill level. Skills are covered in the Class Outline below.
This class is held when the range is closed to the public to provide a comfortable learning environment. Class size is a MAXIMUM of 6. Pre-registration and a $45.00 deposit is required to hold a spot in the class. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to check availability and/or to register and deposit. The deposit is refundable if 72 hours notice is given by email to basics.training20@gmail or if the class is canceled by the instructor. No deposit refunds after closed range fee has been paid.
Prerequisites: Ability to apply safe gun handling skills when using your firearm. Proficiency in fundamentals.
- Safety Brief
- Brief review of fundamentals and application of safety rules.
- Presentation of the handgun from the holster to the target and safely re-holstering.
- Proper reloading – multiple magazines.
- Malfunction clearing procedures including simple and complex.
- Shot accountability including shooting at greater distances.
- Target to target transition drills
- Culminating exercises to incorporate skills.
- SAFELY and EFFECTIVELY using dry fire practice drills to progress in shooting proficiency.
- Required Equipment
- Quality functional semi-automatic pistol (no micro pistols or revolvers)
- Minimum 2 magazines – 3 preferred
- Loading device if needed (UpLula)
- Dominant side (outside the waistband) hip mounted or dominant side belt mounted holster that is the PROPER fit for your firearm.
- Magazine pouch(es) preferably “opened” top
- Sturdy belt at least 1.5” wide
- Suitable footwear (no open toed shoes or shoes with heels) and clothing – pants must have belt loops; no low-cut tops
- Wraparound eyewear, polycarbonate lenses or non-shattering prescription glasses. Available for no charge.
- Hearing protection (earmuffs or earplugs) are available for no charge.
- Ammunition: Not included in class cost. Estimated 100 rounds (ammunition may be available for purchase) PLEASE BE AWARE OF THE CURRENT AMMUNITION SHORTAGE. THE RANGE DOESN’T ALWAYS HAVE AMMUNITION.
- Training rounds for malfunction drills (also known as dummy rounds or snap caps)
Please contact me regarding ANY questions about proper range gear! This is a safety issue as well as very important in allowing you to get the most out of the class.
- Cost: $90 (includes closed range fee)
Questions? Email email@example.com